#NoMuslimBan #NoWall

I received a message last Saturday night from Daniel Harray, an American friend whom I met at Penn Station when we were heading to Princeton - me with my rice cooker* and him with a big box of Krispy Kreme.
Anyway, Dan reached out to me because of the chaos that is happening in America. He wanted me to know that "nearly everyone I know is horrified by what our President is doing. I have signed petitions, made phone calls, and marched against his inhumane policies. I will continue to do so, and will cast votes for the most humanistic, progressive candidates."
Even though Dan and I lost touch these years, it warms my heart that he took the effort to assure me that not all Americans agree with President Trump's hateful policies. America was my home for a while and I have met many wonderful Americans who embody the true spirit of America - that unwavering spirit to stand up for the oppressed and fight for what they believe in.
America, I believe in you. Please do not disappoint this Lehigh girl.


Comments

Popular Posts