Daria's Rantings - Tweedle-Dee & Tweedle-Smart



*I am posting this second ranting as my alter-ego the misanthropic Daria Morgendorffer

Let's call the second pair Tweedle-Dee (TD) and Tweedle-Smart (TS) as opposed to Dum since TS is actually very smart. In fact, both of them are highly intelligent that they could almost be the Wonder Twins (though they don't look alike).

TD and TS pride themselves as having "a different pedigree" than my mortal self. TD once insulted me by saying, "I don't think you'll match up to the Cambridge folks". Instead of encouraging me, he kept putting me down and even put my Gedung Kuning book on trial as if it was on the PhD viva!

TS once shouted at me in a public seminar, accusing me of some facts which he said I distorted. When I tried to explain, TS shut me off and rattled some academic-sounding facts. And the audience went silent, either in shock or out of respect for the organiser. Although brimming with anger, I just kept my cool. No need to stoop to TS' level. 

Lo and behold, TS also shouted at a very respected, learned scholar in a discourse which I attended. Oh my God! What's with this twins? Respect begets respect. Just because you are well-educated (puff, they are not even Ivy-League educated, yet they behaved with such superiority and entitlement), doesn't mean you can put others down or demean others.

I bet if their alma maters were to know this, they would shy away from embarrassment. And if TD and TS have Malay mothers, they would be scolded for being "biadap" (rude and crass). And the minah Daria would challenge them, "Kau ada?" (You have?). No books to your name (and you're a scholar?), yet you insult authors who have written good books. Podah!
 
Ooi TD and TS, there are so many scholars / authors / Nobel Laureates / politicians / diplomats whom I've met who are so humble that they put me to shame. Get over yourselves!

Comments

Popular Posts