Reflections of Michaelmas Term


How time flies! It's the end of Michealmas term and what a term it has been! Adjusting to Cambridge and living the Cantabrigian way of life; rushing to attend all the thought-provoking seminars, formal hall swaps, dialogues and outings with friends, cooking, giving a book talk (complete with ondeh-ondeh and kuih keria), rowing amidst freezing weather on River Cam, studying until the wee hours of the morning, overcoming Fresher's Cold. So many things to do, so little time. argghhh...
I remember this conversation I had with John Stanley, my Bikeability Trainer:

John: So how do you find Cambridge?
Me: It's amazing... But I feel that I'm not working as hard as I should...
John (laughs): Whenever I asked this question to Cambridge students, ALL of you said the same thing!

And to top the madness of the term, there was the Burglary in my room in Week 5, leaving me traumatised, MacBook Pro-less, data-less... basically all my 'life' was gone in a mere dinner slot :( Well, at least I wasn't harmed... thank God.

As per Rumi, "Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes around in another form."

Comments

Popular Posts