Of med sch books and green-eyed monster

I bid a teary farewell to all my medical school books. I thought that perhaps Shamir who is preparing for his MCAT exams could use some good literature and prep books that I "lugged" back from the USA. When I was going through the books, my heart felt heavy. I looked at my scribblings, my notes, my mind maps, my flash cards etc. Gosh, I did put in so much effort for med school. Alas, I was disappointed when I was rejected last year and this year, my morale is so low that I'm not confident of acceptance. Parting with my books was very painful. I must really want to study medicine...

My heavy grew heavier with the low morale and throbbing headaches. The green-eyed monster emerged. I couldn't understand why I felt so jealous of this woman who suddenly appeared and seemed rather friendly with a certain someone. How could I feel this way? I'm just a "fool to want you" when you don't seem to like me. God, pls grant me patience, guidance and strength. This old soul needs to take her worn heart far away...

Comments

Popular Posts